Popular Posts

Friday, February 25, 2011

8000 Drums For Peace


When 8000 sacred drums play together, an intense
healing of Mother Earth will commence.

(500yr old Otomi Prophecy)
This prophecy was written on a rock within a sacred cave of Mexico over 500 years ago,
which only the high priests had access to.  In 1995, the current high priest felt it was the appointed time in history and so he alerted the Otomi Elders who went about making preparations for the ceremony.
In order for the Otomi Elders to ensure that the prophecy was properly fulfilled,
they put out a worldwide call and volunteers registered with the organizers
to make sure they would have a minimum of 8000 people drumming on the appointed day.
When this blanket call to the world was sent out in 2004 by the Otomi Nation of People in Mexico,
it was picked up by Film Director and Sound Healer, Nikki Williams. 
With initial seed funding, Nikki and a small crew found themselves in Mexico filming the ceremony. 
It was the start of an incredible & synchronistic journey.
We had drummers from all over the world drum with us on the night of the Full Moon in
  Madison Township on Fri eve. March  21 st, 2008 at  6:00pm until 9:00pm
Our little drumming group was part of a group of over 8000 drums for peace that were playing all day and night all over the world. 
 
Drumming is one of the most healing vibrational things that you can do. I hold Medicine Wheel drum circles for Earth healing here in the Poconos as often as I can . Usually on the full Moon to incorporate the high energy that comes in at that time.
I am and have been a Reiki Master /Teacher since Jan. of 2000 and a Reiki Drumming practitioner for over 5 years. I use my drum to boost the healing powers of the Reiki sessions I give here in my Mountain Home from time to time.
Reiki is a very old healing modality originating in Japan. It is a wonderful tool that is used to alleviate stress and open the path to balance and healing for the whole body. Reiki works on every level, mind , body and spirit.
I love what I do and always try to do what I love.
I guess it is a part of my Hippie heart that needs to express it's self.
Reiki Drumming Rocks. If you ever get a chance to go to a drumming circle try it sometime It is utterly amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment